The non-farm payrolls report (NFP) is one of the most-anticipated economic news reports in the forex market. It is published the first Friday of the month at 8:30 AM Eastern time by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. As one of the most-anticipated economic news events of the month, currency pairs (especially those involving the US dollar) typically see big price movements in the minutes and hours after the data is released.
This makes it a great opportunity for day traders with a sound strategy to take advantage of the volatility.
Tickmill’s NFP Machine contest is a “prize prediction” contest, which participants guess the price of a specified financial instrument and the participate with the closest prediction will earn withdraw-able cash prize. The rules is simple. During every NFP week, Tickmill will choose one instrument and challenge you to guess its price on our MT4 platform at 16:00, exactly 30 minutes after the NFP release.
A perfect hit will bring you as much as $500 to your trading account. If no one breaks the bank by an exact figure, the trader with the closest prediction will cash in a $200 prize.
Terms & Conditions:
- As from September 2019, the Campaign takes place on the Woobox platform and is announced on the Company’s official Facebook page during the first week of every month.
- The Campaign is available to all live account holders of Tickmill.
- Participants should make a prediction on what price a given instrument will land in on our MT4 platform exactly 30 minutes after the NFP release at 16:00 MT4 server time.
- Participants must place their prediction, alongside their Tickmill live account number on the Woobox platform by 15:00 MT4 sever time on the NFP report release day.
- In case of multiple predictions, only the latest prediction will be taken into consideration.
The winner is announced by 17:30 (MT4 server time) on the first Friday of each month.
- To transfer the prize to another MT4 account or withdraw it, a winner must trade at least 1 standard lot for each $5 of the prize.
- If a Client has won multiple times, receiving multiple bonuses to one trading account, then the lot requirements for all received bonuses must be filled.
- The winner is eligible to receive the prize only to his own live account.
Read on this Tickmill Promotion page for more detail.